P-trap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdanilovich

Reaction score
Hello, I build bathroom vanities and have a question. I buy the legs on this and do not make myself. The legs allow for top box to be a max of 16 1/2 from top of vanity to top of bottom shelve inside box. The sink is 7'' under mount. My plumber is saying he has to cut shelve to accommodate p-trap. is there anyway of not having to do this or in the future. thanks for taking the time to help

IMG_0267.jpg

You would have to open wall and move the branch outlet higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

Thanks for helping. I do not know plumbing but basicalliy what I think you are saying is pipe behind wall needs to be higher where it comes out wall?. most of these vanities go in new constructed home. So shouldn't be a problem??

The plumber could not just put offsets on the horizontal branch because you would lose your vent. The TY on the vertical would need to be raised, just to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

That is a nice vanity!

I'd love to see more pictures of the ones you make.

Zanne

Here are a couple more. Ive had same problem with bigger turned leg vanity.

IMG_0264.jpg

537074_486561881402837_2130199489_n.jpg

Those are very nice! I especially like the cabinets in the last picture.
have you ever had a client that wanted a toekick storage drawer?

Thanks for helping. I do not know plumbing but basicalliy what I think you are saying is pipe behind wall needs to be higher where it comes out wall?. most of these vanities go in new constructed home. So shouldn't be a problem??

I personally ask the home owner if they know what fixtures they are putting in before the rough in stage. That way we can get dimensions and hopefully not have any surprises. Its important these days to know what youre working with, because theres nothing standard anymore, measurements are all over the place.

My biggest pet peeve has always been the shelving of vanities. Box companies that build them put zero thought into the drainage, then the customer gets mad when we have to cut it. If you can somehow communicate with the plumber it would make both of your finished products much nicer for your customer.

Back