P-Trap, drain system

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErockMTB

Reaction score
Ok my girl called me about this issue and have not seen it yet. Apparently her tub/shower leaks even with the min. amount of water. She called a Plumber and they came out and looked it over and told her 2 options was to go in through the condo below her and fix the draining system/p trap. I said why not through the access door ( mine is set up this way). Her hot water heater is in the way of that door (go figure). Anyway she was quoted like $1800 to remove the hot water heater and go through the access door to fix the issue, and re install. Or option 2 was to cut a hole in the roof of the condo below her. Fix it and then have a contractor come in and fix the ceiling that was cut and water stains. She was quoted for that like $1200 and this is a Saturday rate.

Do they seem outrageous?

Also I am very handy and I have installed hot water heater, dishwashers, and fixed many things wrong in my house. How hard can this be to remove hot water heater replace the P trap and draining system and install a whole new hot water heater while I am at it? Would it be easy to remove the p trap?

Thanks in advance

my only concern is how hard the P trap may be to remove other than that it doesn't seem too hard just time consuming that's all.

Latest posts

Back