Outdoor faucet 1/2"X10"AntisiphonSillcockMPTXSWT no water coming out!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veraiconica

Reaction score
Hi!
I am having a problem with my outdoor faucet. No Water coming out, after I removed the winter cover.
Found the purchase slip from Home Depot from 10 years ago. It is a 1/2"X10"AntisphonSillcockMPTSWT ASSE-1019A 2890
outdoor faucet. I removed the handle and the fitting, after that I put the handle back on, wanted to pull it out, also
tried to turn it, but cannot remove it. Took a picture and it looks like the brand is UPD.
Any suggestions, what I should do, will go to Home Depot with the purchase slip, maybe they have some parts for it.
Thank you!
Veronika

Attachments

• 20240319_180128_resized.jpg
    20240319_180128_resized.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240319_173050_resized.jpg
    20240319_173050_resized.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi!
I am having a problem with my outdoor faucet. No Water coming out, after I removed the winter cover.
Found the purchase slip from Home Depot from 10 years ago. It is a 1/2"X10"AntisphonSillcockMPTSWT ASSE-1019A 2890
outdoor faucet. I removed the handle and the fitting, after that I put the handle back on, wanted to pull it out, also
tried to turn it, but cannot remove it. Took a picture and it looks like the brand is UPD.
Any suggestions, what I should do, will go to Home Depot with the purchase slip, maybe they have some parts for it.
Thank you!
Veronika
No, I checked that first inside, the valve is open. Thank you!

This may seem wierd but I've seen it happen before. Open the faucet like you normally would, then smack the faucet with a wrench or hammer a couple of times. The washer/plunger may be stuck and this can free it up. If that doesn't work there should be a nut in front of the handle that will allow you to take the stem out, you will want to shut the water off before you do this. After the stem is removed, turn water back on and see if any water comes out. A picture of the faucet might be good too.

HI,
last evening I somehow thought to turn the water inside back on, to see if water would come out now, I did, then I heard the water
running outside. Went out to see and discovered that now water was coming out, but the water pressure had pushed the
rod out and water was gushing out from it. Will take the part here to a hardware store , to see what rebuild parts they have.Really strange, because I tried the day before to get the part out.
Once this is fixed with new washers, it should work again.
Thank you!
Veronika

Hi,
I took the stem with the handle on it to the local hardware store, who employs a plumber. He looked at it and said, that the cartridge at the
end went bad and needs replacing.
He said it was made in Taiwan, the brand reads like UPD. Here I am atttaching more pictures of the stem and cartridge.
Does anyone have any ideas, where to get this cartridge?

Attachments

• P3220004.JPG
    P3220004.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • P3220005.JPG
    P3220005.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Looks similar to a legend ceramic quarter turn. I think the legend number is T-550. Actually looks like Mueller B&k has them item #888-578HC for cartridge or 888-5** for stem. Website use search. Mueller B&K is a home depot sold brand.

Looks similar to a legend ceramic quarter turn. I think the legend number is T-550. Actually looks like Mueller B&k has them item #888-578HC for cartridge or 888-5** for stem. Website use search. Mueller B&K is a home depot sold brand.
Thank you for all the valuable information. It is the faucet I have, it was bought at Home Depot. Found a repair kit with stem
on Amazon for a Legend T - 550. Will see, if that will work, otherwise I will get some parts
Hi,
this is exactly the faucet I have. I found on Amazon a repair kit for a legend T 550 with stem and cartridge, will see, if it will fit when I get it this week.
Otherwise I will get parts from the company, where you send me the link, wrote it down for me.

Do you know, if this stem just pushes on, because at the beginning I tried to turn it, but I could not remove it, than the water pressure pushed it out. It has 2 little o-rings at the end.
Thank you very much for your help.
Veronika

I believe it's held on by the screw that's just below the cone shaped gasket. I have not replaced one. The legend website says that the new parts are a complete stem and cartridge assembly.

Hi,
the part is suppose to come tomorrow from Amazon, then I will see, it is the same.It is all one piece, but the cartridge is held in
place with a screw and cn be removed.
All the way at the end next to the cartridge are some threads with 2 little washers.When I tried removing it, I put the handle back on, to
have something to hold onto, will try it and see, what happens.
Thank you!
Veronika

I believe it's held on by the screw that's just below the cone shaped gasket. I have not replaced one. The legend website says that the new parts are a complete stem and cartridge assembly.
Yesterday I finally received the correct part from Amazon, after I had to return one. Installed it and now I have
water again in the back of the house.
Thank you all for your help!
Veronika

Back