One sink, two drains?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a basement bathroom that we're thinking of renovating. One thing we'd like to do is possible move the sink a little bit. Looking underneath the sink, I see the drain on the left side going into the basement floor (concrete), but noticed a drain going off to the right as well.

In the other photo you see where it runs into the main drain of the house. Now, I'm not a plumber. But this doesn't seem to make much sense to me? Is it suppose to be like this. Or can I block of the redundant section so I can relocate the sink?

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

You are not a plumber, and whoever installed that mess certainly was not a plumber. You can move the sink wherever you want because it looks like the whole drain and vent needs to be replaced. It's just one big code violation. I don't know how to make diagrams and post them so hopefully one of the other guys can give you a visual on what has to be corrected. That second "drain" looks like they somehow tried to vent it but it it's all backwards.

Last edited:
That is so jacked up, I honestly have never seen something so F----up like that before.

what are you wanting to do ? cause this is not a "quick" fix

hey matt,,are you running windows? do you have windows paint ? its free,,

if you hvae paint, making diagrams is easy

i'll tell you how

Latest posts

Back