Old Sydney Brand cistern

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenny

Reaction score
I don’t know the brand of the actual cistern, the button says Sydney on it.
I have uploaded a picture of the inside I am hoping someone has come across this kind of toilet system. My parents built the house about 50 years ago and they are the original toilets. One of the plumbers that has seen it said they have never seen anything and they have to replace the whole toilet. They aren’t too keen on this. The toilet has a hidden cistern which you need to access from th old side of the wall. I don’t know if the plumber doesn’t have enough experience and just want the easy way out or if this system is really old and there isn’t a direct replacement.
Anyway I can get more pictures next time I visit but I am hoping someone will be familiar with it without seeing the rest.
Anyway the problem is a constant small leak so the water is running constantly.
There washers have been replaced and in good condition. I am wondering if it’s the weight that drops down onto the sealing washer isn’t heavy enough maybe it’s shrunk over the years.
Anyway if someone could respond if they are familiar with this who might know where I can get parts or even a parts breakdown list so then I can explain the issue a bit better and what O have tried.
My dad used to know a lot about the toilets but is over 85 years old now and is not mobile like he used to be so I am trying to help it rather than a full toilet replacement. I am in sydney australia, if there are plumbers familiar with this type of toilet then I would be happy for you to come and access it. Thanks

44DE522B-5FFE-48A1-BC7B-FF2566FBD718.jpg

Back