Odd part under master bath sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

confused1

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a new home and have a couple questions on what I'm lookin at. About to do our initial walk through and I had an inspector take some pictures for me on some odd plumbing parts. (odd to me at least) here is some type of valve under my master bath sink, confused on what it could be used for. any idea's?? Don't know if this is a code thing or something to do with where I live, I'm just outside of Pensacola, FL.
1647547093800.png

It’s a thermostatic mixing valve. Hot and cold is connected to the valve, then the tempered (mixed) water is the bottom pipe going into the wall.

Where it goes, I have no idea.

weird, maybe to a toilet or something. that's the closest thing and only thing that meets up to that wall. guess when i do my walk through of the house i'll shut those valves off and see what happens. haha

weird, maybe to a toilet or something. that's the closest thing and only thing that meets up to that wall. guess when i do my walk through of the house i'll shut those valves off and see what happens. haha
Those valves don’t control it. It’s piped in before those valves under the lavatory.

It might be the hot feed to the garden tub if you have one with a non pressure balanced faucet, like a faucet with separate hot/cold handles and a handshower mounted on the tub deck.

interesting....I am doing this walk through tomorrow so I'm going to check this out more. These pictures showed up on a Home inspector report and I was just confused on what was going on.

Feel the pipe that goes into the wall and note it’s temperature by feel.

Then turn on the hot water at the garden tub.

Now see if lower pipe going into the wall out of the center of the valve gets hot.

I understand you’re not there right now. Check it on walk through.

Turn the garden tub on hot water and see if the pipe I circled gets hot. D2FECC5C-2D96-4AD0-8FFE-BD2717F3E410.jpeg

Last edited:
Back