No water to fixtures

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonross02

Reaction score
Just bought a new single wide off the lot, a Fleetwood Pioneer 16763K, I hooked the main water line to the house but I'm getting nothing from the sinks or showers. I've looked in every access panel and everywhere under the trailer for a shutoff valve from the factory and cannot find anything. The master bathroom toilet filled up but it won't fill back up after being flushed. I opened the T&P valve and water flowed from it for 15 minutes and i got a little water from the master bath sink before it turned to air before I shut it off. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Attachments

• received_3340151149572517.jpeg
    received_3340151149572517.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1
Hope it came with a warranty, if as you say "new". Water flow is simple physics. Sorry, I can't tell where your blockage is.

It sounds like you have a kinked line somewhere, start where you hooked it up, take that apart and make sure you have good flow. Then work your way downstream, take apart any connection that's easy, you should be able to isolate the problem. You maybe should install a filter where your supply hooks up, you never know what your going to get out of a water supply. Possibly you have already forced some foreign material into your system and plugged it. Good luck, and let us know what you find! It should have warranty, right?

Last edited:
Check the sediment screens on the faucets and at the top of the toilet fill valves.

From your description it sounds like thee is a lot of air in the system. Maybe it just needs a little time to be purged?

It sounds like you have a kinked line somewhere, start where you hooked it up, take that apart and make sure you have good flow. Then work your way downstream, take apart any connection that's easy, you should be able to isolate the problem. You maybe should install a filter where your supply hooks up, you never know what your going to get out of a water supply. Possibly you have already forced some foreign material into your system and plugged it. Good luck, and let us know what you find! It should have warranty, right?
The issue with that is theirs not any lines easily accessible besides the lines under the sinks. I unscrewed the hot water line from the sink closest to the water tank and got absolutely nothing from it. I'm kinda thinking the water tank is air locked so I think I'll try draining the tank and start over filling it and see if I can work some air out if I still get nothing then it'll become warranty work. The weird thing to me is theirs no valves for the water tank anywhere

I don't see how an air lock could cause a blockage. Does the water heater have a drain valve? New water heater have a restrictor in the outlet to prevent thermo-siphon, maybe that is malfunctioning, but that shouldn't affect the cold. I'm suspicious that you got a slug of crud out of the water line that plugged everything, because you got some water at first, if that's what happened the manufacturer won't warranty it. . Do you have a well or is there a municipal water supply?

I don't see how an air lock could cause a blockage. Does the water heater have a drain valve? New water heater have a restrictor in the outlet to prevent thermo-siphon, maybe that is malfunctioning, but that shouldn't affect the cold. I'm suspicious that you got a slug of crud out of the water line that plugged everything, because you got some water at first, if that's what happened the manufacturer won't warranty it. . Do you have a well or is there a municipal water supply?
The main water line was ran full blast before hooking to the water heater so shouldn't be sludge. I also didn't get water at first only when the pressure relief valve was open I got some air and water sputter. It's also municipal water

Do you have cold water? You need to start at the beginning of your water source and go from there.

In your first post, you said you "got a little water from the master bath sink before it turned to air before I shut it off". Why did you shut it off when you were getting air? If you actually had air coming out, then the water was pushing the air out of the system. Does the cold water have a storage tank? Is there water flowing from your water source when it is hooked up?

In your first post, you said you "got a little water from the master bath sink before it turned to air before I shut it off". Why did you shut it off when you were getting air? If you actually had air coming out, then the water was pushing the air out of the system. Does the cold water have a storage tank? Is there water flowing from your water source when it is hooked up?
"I opened the T&P valve and water flowed from it for 15 minutes and i got a little water from the master bath sink before it turned to air before I shut it off" I shut the T&P valve cause I was just dumping water under the house for 15 minutes

I'm not sure why you are letting water flow out of the water heater T&P valve for 15 minutes. That is not going to put any water into your system. It is only going to flush water through your water heater.

But again, why are you closing the master bathroom sink when it is flowing air? Leave the faucet on and purge the air out of the system.

I'm not sure why you are letting water flow out of the water heater T&P valve for 15 minutes. That is not going to put any water into your system. It is only going to flush water through your water heater.

But again, why are you closing the master bathroom sink when it is flowing air? Leave the faucet on and purge the air out of the system.
I didn't turn off the master bathroom sink I only turned off relief valve. I had the relief valve open to make I was consistently getting water into the tank

If you are not getting water anywhere, it must be the incoming valve at the meter.
Incoming valve at the meter? If you're referring to the meter that my main water line is coming off of then no cause I have water coming from my main and going into the tank its just not going anywhere from there

So, to be sure I understand what is happening, with the T&P valve open, is air coming out of the faucet or is air flowing into the faucet? Is this the hot water faucet or the cold water faucet?
It is flowing out of the faucet when the hot water is on

Back