No space for saddle valve for reverse osmosis system.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn3

Reaction score
Hello:

I bought a reverse osmosis system from Lowes. It calls for installing a saddle valve onto the cold water line under the sink. My copper pipe however does not have enough space coming out of the floor to place this tap. Is there a product to enable adding this tap after the valve... like a copper pipe extender that I could tap into? Currently the attached to the valve is the flexible tubing that runs up to the faucet. Looking for something readily available locally like at a Lowes or Home Depot.

Marvin

Does it need to be before the sink shut off valve? Couldn't you put a tee on the valve and run both from there?

I believe your only choices are to add a "T" before the existing cold water supply valve as Chris suggested, or to get a few pieces of copper pipe and solder an extension to the existing supply valve.

I would get a 3/8"x 3/8" x 1/4" compression T and add that after the valve to the flexible line. If the flexible line is braided stainless so that you cannot cut the T into it, use a short piece of copper or PEX pipe to go from the supply stop valve to the T, then attach the flexible line to the faucet to the end of the T, and the RO system to the 1/4" branch of the T.

Latest posts

Back