No Fall Water Tank Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K2Concepts

Reaction score
Hey guys, great forum. Listen, I have a weird problem here. I have a 500-gallon tank full of water. It's a Hydrographics processing tank and the drain hook ups are 5" above the slab, on the bottom of the tank. It is 23' to the existing drain in the slab. Obviously, we can't get 1/4" per foot of fall. There is no way to raise the tank. Now before I get the "It ain't gonna work" comments? I can assure you it does work and has been working for 10 years. We just want to get legal with the city and county so we are submitting. Everything else has been signed off by the city but this. I know this will throw up a red flag so I am asking for help here...:confused:

I am a former licensed HVAC contractor and I know my way around the shop so you guys don't have to dumb it down for me...:rolleyes:...thank you in advance for your help...:)

why cant you raise the tank ?

well, if you cant go up, you gotta go down

two options remain

[1] bust a hole in the floor, set a sump pit and pump the water up to a drain

[2] bust the floor and move the drain 23' closer

[3[ raise the tank

Last edited:
We can't raise the tank because we have to work out of it. Reaching in and out of the tank to dip the items we decorate. It would make it ridiculously tough to process parts.
Going down might be tough because it is against a 3' footing at the rear of the building. Easier to just stick a sump pump inside the tank and run a hose over to a sink...

Well, I got the ISO's drawn and will go to the city to see if they will let it slide...

Thank you for the suggestions...

Latest posts

Back