New toilet going in

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edee_em

Reaction score
I am installing a new toilet soon and after taking out the old one I noticed the top of the flange is flush with the tile floor and not sitting on the tile floor. My question is two part:

First, is the flange placement OK where it is? I haven't had any leaks at the flange but I just want to be sure that I just didn't get lucky.

Second, I want to get the toilet up and running but I also know I am going to remodel that bath in the next few months and will need to take the toilet out again. Any thoughts on using a rubber flange gasket rather than wax?

Thanks

I am not against foam toilet gaskets, but I see no real problem with wax seals. For your situation, since you are going to be retiling, etc, rather soon, get an extra thick wax seal. Once you have the new tile down, remove the flange and reset a new flange to the correct height.

I am not against foam toilet gaskets, but I see no real problem with wax seals. For your situation, since you are going to be retiling, etc, rather soon, get an extra thick wax seal. Once you have the new tile down, remove the flange and reset a new flange to the correct height.

i hate then foam gaskets. only used them on wall hungs, they f---us

had to change them out

the whole damn football stadium, both sides,,home and visitors

and the locker rooms..did i say i hate them?

Back