New sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wormraper

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I'm kinda new to the DIY world and am learning as I go :D (when you own your first home you realize it's time to do stuff yourself unless you wanna pay out the nose for EVERYTHING)

anywhooooo. I have a very small bathroom with that has a very stinking old round enameled steel sink that finally rusted through on the underside (had a small rust whole by the overflow outlet when we moved in 2 years ago but it's been getting bigger as time goes on).

I was just going to get a reliable simple no-frills replacement down at Home Depot or Lowes this weekend. I was looking around and both HD and Lowes recommended their home brand for a basic sink saying that for a no frills sink they were reliable and solid.

I was curious what recommendations you guys would give on a basic no-frills sink .

I didn't know if their home brands (glaciar bay for HD and Aquasource for Lowes) was worth it or if I should pony up the extra dough for an American standard or Kohler basic line

Shop AquaSource White Bath Sink at Lowes.com

or

Aragon Self-Rimming Drop-in Bathroom Sink in White-13-0012-4WHD at The Home Depot

I honestly would stay with their brands unless it is important to you with paying twice that price for a little emblem on the bowl that says Kohler.

I honestly would stay with their brands unless it is important to you with paying twice that price for a little emblem on the bowl that says Kohler.

kewl, I was just making sure that it wasn't shoddy construction or something (even though it's pretty much nothing but a porcelain bowl)

I agree the sinks are probably just fine but be warned that the Glacier Bay faucets are another matter.

I dont know, I've seen glacier bay make a crappy toilet, an even crappier faucet(previously noted), I can only assume that a lav sink would also have some kind of flaw.

not a glacier bay fan i guess.

I agree the sinks are probably just fine but be warned that the Glacier Bay faucets are another matter.

lol, yeah I've heard nothing but nightmare stories on Glacier bay faucets. but saw literally nothing about their porcelain sinks. Probably going with Aquasource since I've always been leary of Home Depot products..... BUT if anyone has had experience with either brand's lav sinks I would of course appreciate the insight.... or give me other options or other places to show for a decently priced lav sink (HD and Lowes are all the spring to mind)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back