New sink faucet: hot water and water pressure issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xali

Reaction score
Hello, I recently had a bathroom sink faucet installed from Home Depot. Glacier Bay Constructor 4 in. Centerset 2-Handle Low-Arc Bathroom Faucet Model # 7032E-B6101. It’s WaterSense certified so I think that could explain a very small stream of water. Except that instead of releasing 1.5 gal/min as advertised it releases 1.25 quart/min. But beyond that there is little water pressure and it takes almost 2 minutes for warm water to come out. Once it comes out it never turns hot. What could be the problem? Is this a problem with the installation or something else? Thank you very much for any help.

Thanks, great video. But that's only for old faucets, right? Mine is brand new, just installed. It has not had the opportunity for the aerator to clog.

When you install a new faucet, you need to shut off the water supply. When you do, all the crud gets washed downstream and can and will clog your new aerator. Not saying that is definitely your problem, but is the first item to check.

Back