New fill valve installed, water level rising.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquid99

Reaction score
Installed a new fill valve at my friends yesterday, the Fluidmaster one. All seemed to go well. Flushed it a couple times, no problems. Left it for an hour, and then just before i was going to leave, checked to make sure no leaks and the water level in the tank had gotten higher and was still filling. I could see water leaking into the bowl, so my instinct is flapper. I did also notice that the fill valve was too low. Shut off the water, raised the fill valve, making sure the critical level was above the overflow, and flushed it a few times. All was well, i could hear a leaking noise, water was well below overflow so saying flapper. We are going to replace the flush valve and flapper tonight.

Toilet was fine last night, but get a text from my friend this morning saying that when he flushed this morning, water level in tank wouldnt stop rising. He had to shut off water.

Im not sure whats going on. Could it be the flapper/flush valve? Do i have the float too high? I cant adjust the water level any lower without adusting the height of the fill valve.

Any help is much appreciated

Probably got trash in the line which happens sometimes when you turn it of then back on.

Back