New construction washer drain improperly done help needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzman720

Reaction score
I am constructing a new slab home and had the washer done improperly. I relize this and not trying to get pounded with your an idiot remarks. What has happened is the washer has a p trap installed in the concrete slab and comes up to a wet vent I included an illustration to be more clear. My question is although this is not ideal will it work? I am trying desperately not to bust the concrete up to redo it. Or is thier a way to make it proper w/o busting up the concrete? All responses are greatly appreciated!

5-7-201131430PM.jpg

The vent is supposed to be on the other side of the trap. Expect the trap to lose it's seal often and let sewer gas into the house. You should also have a vent for the other trap. It is best to keep traps above the concrete unless, of course, it is a floor drain, tub or shower.

ok I appreciate the responses I am going to jack hammer the concrete and do it properly - if I do the washer proper and vent it properly will it be ok to leave the hot water drain unvented? it will be like 4 -5 ft from the washer drain vent which will be 2" all the way up. I would see this as acceptable then but would like input thanks!

If the hot water drain attaches to the main drainage system of the house, you need a vent. The traps on plumbing fixtures are a safety device to prevent sewer gases from entering the house. Unvented piping causes a vacuum and the water in the trap is sucked out. This allows gas to enter.

Latest posts

Back