new Bath Faucet, clunk then no water?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjakdanylx

Reaction score
hi, appreciate any help.

bath faucet is brand new Glacier Bay model 67499W-6A04.

hot is fine. cold if turned on fast will clunk & no water. if turned slowly water will come out until pressure increases and handle is approximately @ 45 degrees of 90. then clunk and shut off completely.

i have replaced cartridge with new, also spring & rubber below cartridge.
also when i had cartridge removed i opened the shut-off valve and let water flow and the same problem occurred with no cartridge installed.

thanks for any help or ideas.....

rt

disconnect the supplies from the faucet....direct them.....one at a time into a bucket and turn on the supply valves one at a time and see what happens

i'll try disconnecting supplies from the faucet & run. will be a few days for me to get to try it as it is at my parents house.

also, where might i look for a loose globe valve?
thanks!

i'll try disconnecting supplies from the faucet & run. will be a few days for me to get to try it as it is at my parents house.

also, where might i look for a loose globe valve?
thanks!
It would likely be the cold water valve below the sink.(Assuming it's not a ball valve, of course.) In other words, probably the same valve you would be using when you disconnect the supplies from the faucet to test, as previously mentioned.
To say more at this time would probably be more confusing than helpful.

greetings,

found out what the issue was.
there was a supply line which was equipped with some leak detection w/auto shut off built in. this apparently was defective. replaced the line and all is well.

thanks to all who replied.
have a wonderful holiday season!

Latest posts

Back