need to insert copper pipe between two connections

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Propane will work fine. Map just burns hotter.

I use acetylene most of the time, it burns hotter than MAPP.

I like a torch head that doesn’t have the bottle attached to it. I also like having multiple torch tips to pick from.
In some places, I actually use my oxy-acetylene torch and Sil-Fos as it is quick, easy, and less prep work. That's a huge overkill I know, but if you got it, what the heck.

In some places, I actually use my oxy-acetylene torch and Sil-Fos as it is quick, easy, and less prep work. That's a huge overkill I know, but if you got it, what the heck.
It’s expensive !

how do delete this message?
I can take care of this for you but first consider the fact that hundreds of people come here to learn what to do, and there is a possibility that what happened to you could happen to another future member, and why I discourage removing valuable threads such as this thread.
Just let me know via private conversation which you can access by clicking on my avatar.

I can take care of this for you but first consider the fact that hundreds of people come here to learn what to do, and there is a possibility that what happened to you could happen to another future member, and why I discourage removing valuable threads such as this thread.
Just let me know via private conversation which you can access by clicking on my avatar.
no, sorry. I meant the actual message 'how do I delete this message". I think I accidentally posted a duplicate. This whole thread needs to stay.

Yes, and I usually only use Sil-Fos for HVAC pipe joints. But sometimes using Sil-Fos for a joint or four when you have multiple fittings very close together makes the assembly much easier and faster to put together with much less mess.
Oh I’m not sure about that. I’d rather solder.

Back