need help with floor drain. no trap and no idea where they go

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempoffroad

Reaction score
i just bought a new house and it has a full basement. The house was built in 1968. when the house was built the basement was not finished. Over the last 40 years it was finished and this week i had major issues from the kitchen on the main level. I went to snake out the line and pulled up mud. The stack for the kitchen comes straight down and goes into the concrete and heads tword a stack from the hall bath. Their is a floor drain about 5 feet from both stacks. Neither has a trap and looks like it is just a 4"cast pipe. I have a camara that i put down the line and i cannot tell where it goes. The drain near the kithchen stack did not y into the kitchen line under the concrete. I busted up the concrete for about 10' and it never tied into it. I am on a septic system not city. both floor drains look to have had water at one point but were fairly dry. Maybe just slightly wet. The house has three stacks that must tie into each other somewhere under the concrete and goes to the septic tank. the house does not have a sump pump. Thanks

You may have a busted line under the concrete....OR...Many houses (at least in my area) on septic and that old have kitchens/floordrains etc "daylighted" since it is grey water. Which means they do not dump into the septic.

Latest posts

Back