Need help!! Vanity waste plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulk79

Reaction score
could use some help here everyone! We have a new vanity and the drain pipe 1.5 inch pvc coming out of the wall hits the vanity . Was wondering if possible to cut off end turn 90 up and 90 degrees back out would work? The p trap being higher than the drain in the wall concerns me going this route . I kind of sketched what I was talking about in the pic so blue 90 degree going up then the red 90 degree going out .

View media item 702

not sure If I am understanding your terminology
Are you saying the pipe is hitting the back of the vanity cabinet ?
or are you saying the pipe is hitting the sink ?

if it is hitting the vanity cabinet, drill a hole
if it is hitting the sink itself, the drain is to high and needs to be lowered

The pipe is hitting back of the vanity cabinet . I cannot drill a hole in the cabinet due to setup of cabinet . . Wish it was that easy. I need move pipe up if possibe . Wondering if having p trap higher than drain line would be out of “code” or cause a s trap situation?

The p-trap has to be higher than the pipe coming out of the wall. What kind of a vanity do you have that it can't be
notched or drilled out to make it work.

That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for your reply . Guess I have two choices really . Alter vanity or raise whole pipe assembly for no s trap

That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for your reply . Guess I have two choices really . Alter vanity or raise whole pipe assembly for no s trap
im not sure how high you need to raise it but you could (if you have enough room)cut the 90 off and drill out that next fitting you use whats call a ram bit it will just drill out
the pipe in the fitting then you clean up that fitting and roll the 90 up and square it off with a st 45 or a regular 45 to get your height

im not sure how high you need to raise it but you could (if you have enough room)cut the 90 off and drill out that next fitting you use whats call a ram bit it will just drill out
the pipe in the fitting then you clean up that fitting and roll the 90 up and square it off with a st 45 or a regular 45 to get your height

That’s what I was thinking but Frodo was explaining that is a illegal s trap .

by rolling up and squaring of all your doing is changing the height of the brach coming out of the wall
by rolling up and squaring of all your doing is changing the height of the brach coming out of the wall
the way I was trying to explain it is the outlet of the trap and the pipe coming out of the wallare at the same height and it angles down at a 45 in the wall

A vent is required between the trap and the drop after the trap, to prevent a potential siphon.
Probably not easily accomplished.

Latest posts

Back