Need Help Please - Installing P-Trap for Bathroom Sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zothound

Reaction score
I know this should be a very easy job, even for a beginner like me. I uninstalled my trap to clean it but when reinstalling, I had a leak because of a faulty washer. Had someone come and help and he actually broke the nut that comes down from the wall tube.

I have a new p trap now with new washers, nuts etc. Problem is is that the the new nut does not fit up and over the wall tube. My question is, is there any way to get the nut over the wall tube without pulling the wall tube out? I actually cant pull the tube out since it is a pedastal sink. I can't believe it is taking me this long for a 15 minute job

here is a link to a pic to illustrate. just trying to figure out how to get the new nut up and over the wall pipe

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/5817:962566484606/jpeg/BG

Thank you

Todd

BG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. i figured that. im basically screwed at this point since I'll probably need to have someone take out the sink to get to the pipe out. or go thru the back. yikes, better call a plumber

Actually, pull the pipe out as far as you can, then use a hacksaw to cut it rather close to the threaded connector that goes into the wall. Pull the last short section of piping out, and you SHOULD still have enough piping left to reassemble. As long as you have 1/2" + or so of movement past the point that the Ptrap attaches to the lavatory drain, you should have enough to hook it back up.

Back