need help identifying valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlagm3

Reaction score
does anyone know what kind of valve this is? I need to buy another one to use but dont know what it is. its a shallower valve which is what I need to fit into the wall since I hva e a pocket door on this wall also.

There is a 1094 number on the side

any help is greatly appreciated.

valve.jpg

It is an old Delta 600 series tub/shower valve. A new standard Delta Multi-choice rough-in valve will fit nicely where that valve was.

What a crazy piece of crap engineering on that one. I have seen a few Valley Valves made that way as well. When I was just a Pup, had an old-timer show me a trick to getting that cap nut off with out twisting the tubes. use a pipe wrench. set the jaw on the cap, then tap the handle with hammer or another wrench. The impact loosens the cap. Trying to muscle it off just twist the tubes.

at this point it pretty much doesn't matter what the brand of this on is. you can pretty much put anything back in. Moen Positemp is a good choice. I would stay clear of the Moentrol type valve( has a more parts to repair.)

Last edited:
Back