Need help identifying the manufacturer of this shower mixing valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe NE

Reaction score
Can anyone help me to identify the brand of valve I have here? The temperature shroud is plastic and I can't figure out how to remove it to expose the mixing valve, any ideas how to do this without breaking it? The shower is only giving me luke warm water and I have narrowed it down to the mixing valve.

Thanks

Attachments

• Shower valves.JPG
    Shower valves.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Shower valves 2.JPG
    Shower valves 2.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Shower valves 3.JPG
    Shower valves 3.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 41
Thanks John and Sheplmbr. You were right. I believe it is a Grohe model # 34454. I believe this is a Grohe Thermostatic Mixer handle (Temperature scale handle) part # 47298000. I have researched all over and have even tried contacting the company with no success. I have not been able to figure out how to remove the black plastic portion of the handle. Three other pieces twisted or slid right off then I removed a center screw in the neck of this black piece but it stays on like it is "melted" in place? I thought this next piece would just slide off but it seems seized in place? The whole piece turns clockwise and counter clockwise just like it does when it is completely assembled. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Update: The shower Brand is a Grohe and the model # is 34419000. Still cannot free up the black plastic piece of the handle to get to the temperature limit ring or the thermoelement cartridge which I believe is the source of my shower problem. Has anyone seen this issue in the field or have any ideas to help me out? I am attaching the installation guide which wasn't too helpful.
Thanks ou

Attachments

• 34 419, 457.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
You may have to get all the pieces. It could be seized up. I am sorry I am not more help. After a while the hardness of the water can be a bear on things.

Latest posts

Back