Need help identify shower diverter brand and how to fix it

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canyonsky

Reaction score
My shower diverter was leaking behind the wall when I was taking a shower (it didn't leak when water went to the tub). My plumber said I need to contact the manufacturer to get it fixed, but I don't know the brand. No logo or brand name.

The red circle in the first photo shows where the water was leaking. The second photo shows what it looks like with the cover plate on (picture from another bathroom). The third photo shows the back of the cover plate with a number 12191 on it.

Does anyone know who makes this part and how to fix it? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

shower1.jpg

shower2.jpg

DSCF4561.jpg

Last edited:
DId you ever find out who the manufacturer is? I'm in the same boat! Only my diverter handle is broken.

I can't identify your diverter, but would be willing to bet that the repair is going to be as simple as replacing an O-ring. After a period of usage, O-rings loose their elasticity and permit water to bypass. If you do decide to diy, clean the bore and stem and use a lubricant when you re-assemble the unit.

Back