Need help fixng diverter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serg

Reaction score
I am trying to fix a problem in my bathroom: I have 3 handles - Hot, Middle and Cold, the Middle handle splits the water between my headshower and the spout (first image in the attachment). Recently I started experiencing an issue: the water partially comes from both places - the spout and the shower, I searched online and guessing that I need to fix my diverter (that Middle handle) I tried to disassemble it - found small bold like thing (blue arrow in second image) and unscrew it but still could not proceed further, I think I need to take the thing marked with green arrow from the thing marked with red arrow, I trout to pull it out but it didn't go, should I try harder? I am just afraid to break something, is that valid concern? How to better take pull it off and what to do next?

3handles.jpg

MiddleHandle.jpg

If the screw has been removed then it obviously comes apart. Im thinking you assumption was right, give it a go.

Back