need advice on wet vent plumbing for changes to existing bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monte435

Reaction score
I am expanding an existing bathroom. The current bathroom has a wet vent (2") with a single sink, a shower and a Toilet. The new layout will have dual sinks, tub, shower, and toilet. I am moving the toilet location. Single story house on concrete slab. Located in Florida IPC code. Main line is 3". Lines to shower and tub are 2". The location I am moving the toilet to happens to run almost directly over the main horizontal drain line. I am wondering if I can tie this in with a Wye and a 45 directly up to the toilet? is that to code? Will I have any issues with the toilet siphoning the tub or shower traps? Drawings attached

1642815554400.png

Also, since the WC is directly over the horizontal line, I also need to know if this orientation of the WYE+1/8 is ok or if it will cause clogging issues. I get conflicting info from different online sources.

Report Edit IMG_2300.jpg

8a12830d01ec4c78_6024-w240-h180-b0-p0--.jpg

or do I need to use this type of orientation and move the toilet away from directly over top of the line

Back