Need advice on adding shutoff valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rapk314

Reaction score
So I was getting ready to replace my bathroom vanity and realized that our bathroom water does not have shut off values for the sinks (dual sinks). On two of the pipes, I was able to add simple horizontal shut off valves, but on the other two (at the copper points going right/left pictured below), I can't figure out how to add a shut off since the pipes are so close, and I can't screw a new valve on, since the shut off would be in the way. Any helpful tips that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

For some reason the forum is not letting me upload a picture even though the file size is smaller than the thresholds. So sorry for the confusion. But basically the two pipes (hot and cold) are stacked on top of one another where a shut off valve won't fit on.

Last edited:
We have anti spamming software installed to prohibit first time posters from posting pics. I changed your settings, so you should be able to download the pic now. Give it another try.

Thank you very much, but for some reason I still can't upload the picture as a jpeg or a pdf...

Latest posts

Back