Need a plumber experienced with Kohler Anthem multi-port shower valve in Philadelphia/Southern NJ/Eastern PA area

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorNeil

Reaction score
I have a 3 port, mechanical Kohler Anthem shower valve in a newly renovated master bathroom that is leaking. The valve had leaked shortly after installation and the contractor replaced 2 of the 3 cartridges and that seemed to solve the problem... until today. I'm thinking the one not replaced is now leaking. I don't have the confidence to take it apart and replace it, even though I watched it going in and being supposedly repaired as well as watched the Kohler installation video 100 times (I do have extra cartridges from Kohler on hand). I've shut the water off to the shower valve. I don't think the valve was ever installed correctly to be honest and I'd like to have a licensed plumber that is familiar with and has installed this valve before take a look at it and troubleshoot. I live in Philadelphia. If anyone is or knows of someone in Philly or surrounding areas experienced with this valve specifically (SNJ/Eastern PA), please message me here or post on the thread. TIA.

If it's someone the contractor chose I would think it's his obligation to correct it if you chose the plumber and it's a bigger co you have the right to call them and send another
Plumber out

Update: I think I’ve fixed it on my own. I took the trim and buttons off and found that the one valve cartridge we didn’t replace with the other two, was indeed leaking. So I bought a set of deep sockets, removed it and replaced with a new one and it seems to be holding.

Update: I think I’ve fixed it on my own. I took the trim and buttons off and found that the one valve cartridge we didn’t replace with the other two, was indeed leaking. So I bought a set of deep sockets, removed it and replaced with a new one and it seems to be holding.
I won’t send you a bill this time but I can’t do this again. Next time I’ll have to invoice you. 😬

Another update, there was a slight dripping overnight. But seems to have stopped today again. Not sure what the issue might be. Perhaps I needed to tighten it a little more? Kohler told me in no uncertain terms NOT to over tighten it.

Some kohler instructions give a torque value to tighten to. They’re some silly ass engineers at kohler

Latest posts

Back