Name/system of the gum gasket (behind oval flange) at the garbage disposal outlet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobias_Claren

Reaction score
Hello.

I seeking the name (and if known cheap online shops, ebay article...) and sytem name bof the rubber gasket at the output of a garbage disposal.
This black ring with a inner groove.
Mounted on the "collar" at the pipe or elbow end, behind the screw fixed oval flange.

Attached a picture.

Thanks

Garbage Disposal Outlet Gum Gasket.jpg

Last edited:
what brand of disposal.
Insinkerator uses a flat rubber washer that the ell pushes against when held in place by a metal flange and 2 screws. It looks like it has a groove after it has been in place for along time.

Try the 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" flat slip joint washer like the on in this kit.
Top right one in picture.
might work. Not sure

This is a "Tricity" Onyx 1701 (I can not find a manufacturer website).
I have relocated the gasket (and screws, but I have 20 1/4"-20 screws...) from this new disposal.

In the picture this is a old gasket from a actual unused InSinkErator "Model 75".
For the first, I can use it (purified and freed of dirt and lime.) for the 1701.
But I need two gaskets for two disposals.

Yes, there may be different types of connections, but this is a usual 1.5inch (standard HT pipe dimension) pipe with "collar" (for into the groove).
That seems to be a "standard".

@ Mr_David

It seems this "Slip Joint" washer does not have a groove.

This is the system:
http://waterheatertimer.org/images/Drain-connection-250.jpg

With a picture search I had found "mounting Gasket", "Disposal Gasket".

I think, this is it:
https://www.etundra.com/restaurant-...&LS_siteID=XdSn0e3h3.k-.PQXpIXOSDm7xFC49cpnjA

But ~36 Dollar shipping for a 67 Cent gasket 0_o .
I think a UK (after US, garbage disposals are wide spreaded) seller would better. Or US with shipping in a letter.

Those disposal outlet washers are readily available at any store that sells plumbing repair supplies. Big box or corner mom and pop, any will have what you need.

Back