Name/system of the gum gasket (behind oval flange) at the garbage disposal outlet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobias_Claren

Reaction score
Hello.

I seeking the name (and if known cheap online shops, ebay article...) and sytem name bof the rubber gasket at the output of a garbage disposal.
This black ring with a inner groove.
Mounted on the "collar" at the pipe or elbow end, behind the screw fixed oval flange.

Attached a picture.

Thanks

Garbage Disposal Outlet Gum Gasket.jpg

Last edited:
what brand of disposal.
Insinkerator uses a flat rubber washer that the ell pushes against when held in place by a metal flange and 2 screws. It looks like it has a groove after it has been in place for along time.

Try the 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" flat slip joint washer like the on in this kit.
Top right one in picture.
might work. Not sure

This is a "Tricity" Onyx 1701 (I can not find a manufacturer website).
I have relocated the gasket (and screws, but I have 20 1/4"-20 screws...) from this new disposal.

In the picture this is a old gasket from a actual unused InSinkErator "Model 75".
For the first, I can use it (purified and freed of dirt and lime.) for the 1701.
But I need two gaskets for two disposals.

Yes, there may be different types of connections, but this is a usual 1.5inch (standard HT pipe dimension) pipe with "collar" (for into the groove).
That seems to be a "standard".

@ Mr_David

It seems this "Slip Joint" washer does not have a groove.

This is the system:
http://waterheatertimer.org/images/Drain-connection-250.jpg

With a picture search I had found "mounting Gasket", "Disposal Gasket".

I think, this is it:
https://www.etundra.com/restaurant-...&LS_siteID=XdSn0e3h3.k-.PQXpIXOSDm7xFC49cpnjA

But ~36 Dollar shipping for a 67 Cent gasket 0_o .
I think a UK (after US, garbage disposals are wide spreaded) seller would better. Or US with shipping in a letter.

Those disposal outlet washers are readily available at any store that sells plumbing repair supplies. Big box or corner mom and pop, any will have what you need.

Latest posts

Back