My water line problem and pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopperman49

Reaction score
Hello. I have a problem. My main water supply to the road looks to be 1/2 galvanize then goes to meter to 3/4 galvanize. Then out to my sink to a valve and they went to 1/2 the rest of the house. I have everything to do a manifold system in pex. But if I cut from where it goes to 1/2 then go to 3/4 pex to the manifold system will i lose alot a pressure?
The manifold system is a 3/4 inlet to 1inch to 1/2 for supply

And so you all know to. My house is ran like crap since I moved in. I can only have one thing on at a time. If I have the washer on I cant use the sinks or shower, and hot water gets effected to by it. That's why I want to do a manifold system , but will it work with the supply coming in

I think the 1st thing I would do would be to put a gauge on your outside spigot/ faucet open it up to see what you have coming into the house, then turn a faucet on and see what you have when your using water

I think the 1st thing I would do would be to put a gauge on your outside spigot/ faucet open it up to see what you have coming into the house, then turn a faucet on and see what you have when your using water

So theres a problem there. I wont have a proper reading cuz they decided to go from 1/2 copper to 3/4 galvanize haha I guess they ran out of copper. So i know the reading would not be accurate at all cuz when I'm using the hose out side I have good flow for 10 sec then it goes down from there

So I was wrong on the piping coming in. It might be 1/4 galvanize coming in to meter then 1/2 out from meter. I just took apart the valve there and it's pretty bad on the inside

Attachments

• 15969059817556288142217788376144.jpg
    15969059817556288142217788376144.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I would try the gauge at least you have a ballpark figure,the condition of the piping is not good that’s probably most
Of your problem
I had to repipe a lot of my house due to a frozen pipe
I used pex I did make a manifold but the only home run I made was thefeed to the boiler
I split the piping by floors rather than all home runs

Hello. I have a problem. My main water supply to the road looks to be 1/2 galvanize then goes to meter to 3/4 galvanize. Then out to my sink to a valve and they went to 1/2 the rest of the house. I have everything to do a manifold system in pex. But if I cut from where it goes to 1/2 then go to 3/4 pex to the manifold system will i lose alot a pressure?
The manifold system is a 3/4 inlet to 1inch to 1/2 for supply

And so you all know to. My house is ran like crap since I moved in. I can only have one thing on at a time. If I have the washer on I cant use the sinks or shower, and hot water gets effected to by it. That's why I want to do a manifold system , but will it work with the supply coming in
The manifold in my house is 3/4 by half I didn’t have the room to use 3/4 everything works fine

You need to post some pictures of the pipes you are describing, with a measuring tape held across them.

The sizes you are stating do not make any sense.

If you have a 1/2 inch galvanized water line coming in from the city, it’s time to bite the bullet and dig it up and replace.

Otherwise, no matter how you repipe the house with pex, you just will never have good flow, the city line is probably very tight inside.

Several years ago , we had to replace the 3/4" copper water line / main from the water meter ( in the alley ) to up under our house ( pier & beam ) .

Went with 1" white PEX , because the copper crimp ring fittings have a smaller than pipe ID . Also the old ditch was a straight shot . Had to take a crooked path through the flower bed . Figured the crooks would cause more restriction .

So far , all is well .

Thank God ! :cool:
Best of luck , :)

God bless

Latest posts

Back