My Ice Maker Line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lafayettenow

Reaction score
I'm almost positive the copper in in the back behind the pvc is my icemaker. Do you see a way I can do this? See Picture and thanks so much

2011-08-22_15.06.29[1].jpg

That could be your ice maker line. What exactly are you asking, as in, what are you trying to do?

That does come from my ice maker I double checked. I just wanted what my options were getting this copper line connected to a water source. I'm so sorry. I have no idea about doing plumbing.

You could change your cold water shutoff to one that has two outlets, a 3/8" and a 1/4", then run the icemaker line directly to it.

I just come here for plumbing my wife and I just bought a house and I don' know jack crap at 31 about it. Thank you for all your help! I'm going to give it a shot as soon I can. Gosh questions to the right people can makes things very easy sometimes. THANKS AGAIN

What ever you do Don't install one of those puncture type saddle valves.
They work and they are easy to install but down the rod they can be a real headache.

How far away is the fridge from where the sink and supply lines are? If it's not too far, you can run a new line, you just may have to drill a few holes in the very BACK of the cabinets to route the new line through. I would not use a small plastic line as they are notorious for causing water leaks and water damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly on not using the plastic line. The vibration from the fridge motor put a pin hole in that plastic line at one of my houses and caused alot of damage before I knew it!

Ice is like getting needle from a haystack. In tropical countries, they have to buy ice from a delivery service that imported hefty blocks of ice from either an industrial refrigeration plant or from a colder climate area.

Back