Moving a toilet drain to another floor

Discussion in 'General Plumbing Help' started by njbfr, Feb 5, 2018.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above.
  1. Feb 5, 2018 #1

njbfr

njbfr

njbfr

Hi everyone,

I have a half bath off of my kitchen that I would like to convert into a pantry and take the plumbing directly upstairs to convert a closet into a half bath. My question is in regards to the toilet drain. I don't want to have to cut the pipe in the crawl space and re-route it up through the wall. Is there any way I can just remove the toilet, slip a fitting of some sort into the drain and plumb it the rest of the way up? I don't care how ugly it looks since it will just be a pantry/storage closet. Attached is the drain pipe in question coming down vertically. Thanks!

20170225_141748.jpg

2. Feb 21, 2018 #2

TomFOhio

TomFOhio

TomFOhio

Professional Professional

You can take that pipe all the way upstairs but you'll have to put a vent on it and tie back into the vent upstairs someplace. Take it up in 3" plastic and where the toilet is going to be put in a 3" tee and then take the vent on top of the tee and take it through the roof or hook into existing. If your lavatory is going to be close to the toilet you can put a 3"x11/2" tee in and arm off of it and then extend it up like I said before.