Moving a pump/indexing valve question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickFlorida

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an old house (well, old for Florida) and the last owner installed the irrigation pump in the garage. Most likely because we are close to the ocean and kills pumps from the atomized salt in the air. But......my pool pumps outside have been lasting more than 8 to 10 years when covered so it's not really necessary if you cover the pump and not let it get super hot. The heat is what really kills them.

I want to move my pump and replace with a new one outside but the 3/4 pvc zone pipes go under the large concrete driveway to an indexing valve in front of my garage. If I move the pump to outside of the garage, I'm not sure how I'm going to connect a new indexing valve to those 3 pipes. I do know where the pipes enter under the driveway and I do know where the well head pipe originates from and I installed a new shut off valve to the well head to make sure I can turn off the flow. But I'm not sure how I'm going to install a new indexing valve outside on side of garage since the 3 pipes go under the large drive way.

Is this a situation where I should try to use inground solenoid valves for the 3 zones? I'm very new to how irrigation set ups work but being a public school teacher, I can't afford to pay a company to do all of this. All of the quotes for work in Florida are astronomical. The beachside homes that my family and I have lived in/purchased went from 175K to 800k in just 15 years so all of the quotes to do work on the homes has quadrupled. I've had to do all of the work on my house myself because of this. I'm lucky to have the house and plan to stay here forever and try to do things right. I'm afraid the pump inside garage could fail and then flood the house as I have a very powerful shared well that is deep artesian meant for two lots/homes, not one home.

Latest posts

Back