Moen shower valve installation using CPVC.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftlrobby

Reaction score
I am having difficulty locating CPVC fittings to install a 4 port Moen shower valve. The Moen valve has 4 brass, 1/2 mnpt ports. Some of the CPVC fittings I did find state they are for cold water use only. I could use either male or female fitings (adapters) if I had to although the female adapter is preferred. Am I missing something here ? Hard to believe Moen designs a part that you can't install relatively easy. Help !

Pvc is only for cold, not CPVC. Are you sure you are looking at the correct thing?

Never use female plastic on male brass. The brass will expand and crack the plastic
I have read that the plastic will expand more than the brass and create a leak for that reason. How would you suggest I plumb this 4 port valve? The manufacturer, Moen, shows four installation methods, one of which uses an adapter that appears to be both brass and CPVC but I have been unable to find one.

Pvc is only for cold, not CPVC. Are you sure you are looking at the correct thing?
I am not following your comment. I am trying to plumb ( 3) 1/2" MNPT ports for hot water use in a Moen shower/bathtub valve using 3/4" CPVC tubing.

You said that you heard or read that cpvc is not recommended for hot. It is.

Post a good pic of your valve, or a link to a diagram of it.
Thanks but I need 3/4 CPVC X 1/2 FIP.

You did not mention that. You can get the 3/4 cpvc by FIP brass females instead of the half inch and use 3/4 x 1/2 brass bushings in the threaded portion.

Can you post pictures of what you have going on behind the wall where your valve is going?

Back