Moen shower faucet - missing part?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
Hello,

When my wife turned on the shower today, the entire faucet pulled out of the wall. Nothing appears to be broken, and it reassembles easily, but I can't figure out what is supposed to hold it together, When I turn the water on, it falls apart, as shown in this video: .

There must be a clip or something that is missing. The faucet is a Moen, about 20 years old.

Any possibility of repairing this, or does the faucet need to be replaced?

Thanks,
Bill
faucet 1.jpgfaucet parts.jpgfaucet reassembled.jpg

I think I've found the problem. The back of the black plastic piece is supposed to be attached to a metal ring that screws to a pipe. But the plastic rods that connected the black plastic piece to the ring have broken. So it seems I need to replace the black plastic piece, is that possible. Or maybe the ring can be reconnected with epoxy or some other strong glue?
faucet3.jpgfaucet4.jpg

Call Moen they will send you replacement parts free of charge.
John,
Thanks for the reply. I'll call Moen on Monday. I doubt they have this, I found the part number from an old Danco catalog and then searched for it on the Moen website, but it is not listed, it was discontinued in 2001. If they don't have it, would they send me a whole new faucet, or what?

Model L3175 (before 02/01) part no. 101109 Mounting Adapter Assembly

Merry Christmas,
Bill
faucet5.jpg

Latest posts

Back