Moen Faucet Aerator Thread

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holley

Reaction score
Anyone know the thread type on a Moen bathroom faucet (male) aerator (female). O.D. on male is 21mm.
I have a CAD program that contains thread specs and contains a list of 15 or so thread standards. Some are pipe standards such as ISOMetric profile; BSP Pipe thread;DIN pipe thread; as well as ACME screw thread and ANSI Metric.
Thanks!

I have a Moen bathroom faucet and for the life of me, I can't remove the aerator. I hope there is a trick to it, but until then, I am no help to you.

I have a Moen bathroom faucet and for the life of me, I can't remove the aerator. I hope there is a trick to it, but until then, I am no help to you.

some of the newer Moen faucets have a tool that comes with them. The aerator is flush and has small notches in them that the tool sets into.

Moen Areator tool $1.30 @ HOMEDEPOT

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijacking of this thread but with all your advice, I took a close look and discovered it was just a very tight twist off. With the oil rubbed bronze finish, I was hesitant to use pliers, but got a piece of cardboard stock and used it to prevent scratching the surface. I tough twist and it came off. Here is a pic of it...

ws84913brb (1).jpg

Back