Moen 4994 Replacement/Equivalent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R757

Reaction score
Not a plumber and really have no experience with this sort of thing. I help maintain my Aunt's "winter home" in Texas. We had a freeze a month back and it appears there was some freeze damage to the master bath. A valve burst, I got that hastily patched and everything critical resolved. But it appears the electronic valve controller has some internal(?) damage and it will no longer fully shut off water to the tub. Pretty consistent water drip and sound of running water through the device.

I called a plumber out to see if it was my patch job, they said the device was damaged. They contacted Moen who said the device is discontinued and they have no parts either. I have spent a lot of time online trying to find a direct replacement for the valve so I could have someone just replace the defective unit. I have so far failed to find one. My question is does anyone know a place where I could find one or know of a product that does essentially the same thing and requires minimal work to swap out? Basically doing everything I can here to get this taken care of without having to tell my Aunt that she needs to bust open dry wall to replace/install a new type of tub valve.

Attachments

• 20230128_175214 - Copy.jpg
    20230128_175214 - Copy.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230128_175221 - Copy.jpg
    20230128_175221 - Copy.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back