Mobile Dwelling Plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchk1303

Reaction score
Hello All!

I am plumbing out my van currently. I need to go from 1/2 pex to 1/2 vinyl tubing. I can not seem to find a 1/2 pex barb to 1/2 tubing barb fitting anywhere. Do these exist. Or can I clamp vinyl tubing onto pex fittings with no issues?

Thanks!

I imagine you can make it work.
If your tubing I/S diameter is smaller than the Pex connector try a heat gun to "gently" expand the tubing.
If the O/S diameter of the tubing is undersize for the pex cinch or crimp rings ..... you could try a hose clamp.

clamp.jpg

Hello All!

I am plumbing out my van currently. I need to go from 1/2 pex to 1/2 vinyl tubing. I can not seem to find a 1/2 pex barb to 1/2 tubing barb fitting anywhere. Do these exist. Or can I clamp vinyl tubing onto pex fittings with no issues?

Thanks!
Use threaded fittings of the type pipe you’re using to adapt between the two

I could do that I but I don't think I have enough clearance for the threaded parts. Its a real tight fight.

I might try a fitting like this: Coupling. The PB side looks more like a barbed connection that would work with vinyl tubing.

Perhaps ... depends on the tubing diameters ( which goes back to my original post ) .......... That is a conversion fitting for obsolete polybutylene piping to pex. ( I've used them )
I just checked and I had several of the connectors in my bag.
Here are the dimensions that may be beneficial.

The connector outer diameters measure .500 on the large end and .470 on the smaller side.
The crimp rings have an inside dimension of .652 for the copper color and .540 for the black.

( The small end & black ring is for Pex --- so your vinyl tubing would be the larger of the two )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back