might have a buried leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a length Spiral pipe and cut pieces of flashing to make up the gaps with screws. I used a Borescope to watch the inside ends of the pipe while filling the gaps with expanding foam. I hope this is correct but I filled the cavity with Play sand and tapped it down then poured in the crack resistant concrete. I cleaned the broken edges around the hole then painted on bonding agent. I used the bonding agent in the concrete mix as well. I found the cold water line a little lower and offset from the hot and it looked perfect. Why do the hot lines fail and erode? I used the Borescope to inspect and clear around the pipes and inspected back further in both directions. There was some more concrete near the cold line so got rid of that. I put a piece of carpet pad between the hot pipe and the air duct but don't know if that was a good idea. There was a gap but I was worried the duct could settle and rub on the pipe. I hope this never happens again else I'll need some serious meds to get through it. Thanks for the advice.

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/highlander0/media/PICT0236_zpsb8333997.jpg.html

Latest posts

Back