Manual Pex Expander Tools

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does not say it it auto rotates the head with each expansion, which is very important for Pex-A

I was hardly interested PEX and had no tools late in my career...then a too-young colleague died and his wife gave me a Uponor long handle manual expansion tool...then a new house plumbing job came up that called for PEX...so I was off and 'running'. OMG, lying on our sides expanding 1" PEX in cold weather was a bear for me at 135 lbs and skinny guy that I was, getting those jaws pulled open with 4 or 5 expansions before being ready to insert. Before the job was over I bought the Milwaukee kit x2 so I didn't have to swap heads on 3/4" and 1/2".
I am not sure that with manual expansion, that the head rotates, so that is even another argument against a manual tool unless you buy one with auto-rotate specifically.

Right now I’m using a piece of steel that’s the right size and I just beat it in there with a hammer to expand it. Works most of the time 🤫

Quote From Breplum: "I am not sure that with manual expansion, that the head rotates, so that is even another argument against a manual tool unless you buy one with auto-rotate specifically."

My Uponor Wirsbo manual expander has to be rotated manually between each expansion stoke.

I have to see if mine rotates. I wasn't aware that the rotation was necessary. Thanks for the info!

Seems high with no battery(s) or charger!?

Cheapest one I’ve found with batteries and charger is 400 with the little batteries.

In my particular situation I have about 6 chargers and a bag full of batteries for the tools already. But I get what you’re laying down. Who has it the cheapest ?

This is nothing compared to what some guys have but I guarantee you I wear out before I go through all my batteries. I primarily use Milwaukee but have a few old dewalt tools and I like Dewalts oscillator tool1F7C0128-8AED-4B5D-B06E-F17262260F67.jpeg760819D6-A154-4972-88E3-68B194B7D015.jpeg

So for the Milwaukee users out there... What is the difference(s) between their "FUEL" tools and the not fuel versions?

Why tree versions of the same M12 tool?

1653763910827.png

I think the fuel version uses a brushless motor. Looks like some of the expander heads are different, quick sealing ? WTF ever

Latest posts

Back