Manabloc/Pex rough-in at kitchen sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooddude

Reaction score
I am an owner and builder of a new concrete block home in Florida. The plumbing is being done by a local sub. I am using a manabloc and pex. I like the home run system of the manabloc.

The picture shown is the rough in under the kitchen sink. My non professional plumbing opinion is that their are way too many crimped fittings here that are all potential leaks one day. What do the pros think?

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1468889037463.jpg

Frodo, during electrical rough in the plumbing stub outs had been bumped as people walked by them. The stubs will turn on the 90 degree crimp fitting at the wall. Not easy to turn but I noticed one had been turned about 45 degrees so I spun it back to 90 degrees. Should I be concerned about that or would it be typical to be able to spin the crimped fitting?

I do not stubb out using pex, some do,

I use copper stub outs and sceure them so they do not move

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Viega-44227-Zero-Lead-1-2-PEX-Crimp-x-1-2-Copper-Stub-Out-Elbow-w-Plate?
gclid=CLD604qGgs4CFQIPaQodBdcAQQ

what you should do, is turn the water on to the house and leave it on during construction

cap the shower head nipple off, turn the shower on so the water crosses from cold to hot piping

by doing that you are testing your pipes while the walls are still open
and, will be able to tell if some numbnut drives a nail in the pipe while doing their job

Reactions: SHR
Thanks for the replies. I am going to pressurize the system before drywall so I can be 100% sure all is well.

Back