Manabloc + AquaPEX

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solid

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering if AquaPEX tubing is compatible with the Manabloc manifold system? The internets is a mix of yes and no when it comes to this. It seems like the inner/outer diameter of the AquaPEX tubing is the key here.

If not, is anyone here familiar with ProPEX manifolds?

Thank you.

havasu, phishfood, Johnjh2o, liQuid - I know you know this. Please help, we are friends. Don't you remember helping me with my basement project? Plus, I have several more projects coming up this summer, and I will need your help with all of them. :)

Thanks!

Hmmm... Let me try this again.

I really like the ProPEX system, and based on what I've read, it seems to be pretty popular. I'm planning on using the Milwaukee M12 and AquaPEX (Uponor/Wirsbro) tubing to replumb all the fixtures in my small cape.

I also like the idea of a manifold system with individual runs to each fixture. The Manabloc manifold looks nice, but I think you're supposed to use their tubing? :confused: I would think that as long as the inside and outside diameter of the pex was the same, you would be fine, but I can't find a definite "YES" on for that question.

Anyway, has anyone ever used a manifold-style distribution system with AquaPEX tubing? I see that Uponor sells a copper manifold and a plastic system, but I find very little info about that online. Thank you in advance.

From Viega (I sent them an email):
The compression port adaptors that come with the Compression ManaBloc are rated and sized according to the ASTM F876 standard “SDR-9” is the size – Standard Dimensional Ratio or Nominal Copper tube size (CTS). If the AquaPEX is SDR-9 and states that on their print line then yes, they are compatible.

From Supply House, AquaPEX product page:
ASTM F876 "Standard Specification for Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing"

From some Uponor .pdf on the web:
Uponor PEX tubing is outside-diameter controlled to copper-tube size (CTS) and has a standard dimension ratio (SDR9) wall thickness.

Also, I'm starting my own DIY plumbing website and the following users of this forum aren't invited because we broke up, and are no longer in a plumbing relationship:

havasu, phishfood, Johnjh2o, liQuid ;)

Sorry, but I have been very limited in my interaction on the forum, pages are loading really, really slow for me.

I am far from an authoritative source on this, but my understanding is that most PEX is compatible AS LONG as the joining system relies upon the inner and outer dimensions of the tubing. AquaPEX fittings use an expansion/retraction type of seal, and are proprietary in that sense, but should be compatible with outer sealed fittings (compression), and inner sealed fittings (standard crimp).

The sticking point is the warranty. Read the fine print in the warranty for everyone involved, and I think that you will find that the only way you would have a valid claim under any manufacturer's warranty is if you use their pipe, fittings, rings, etc.

Phishfood! I knew I could count on you! Thank you for the reply! I think I'm good to go.

Back