Maintenance on Dual Flush Toilets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balota

Reaction score
I've read through some of the previous threads on dual flush toilets. Seems the general opinion is they're OK, but awkward to explain to guests. Also picked up on the A.S. has fallen off the recommended list due to Crane.

I am installing tile in my bathrooms after living here over 30 years. I am considering getting a dual flush toilet while I have it pulled for the tile work. What can you tell me about the maintainability of a dual flush toilet? Are parts readily available? Is the work something only a licensed plumber should attempt or is it DIY-able?

Dual flush toilets are junk. Years down the road when stuff breaks, you will end up buying a new toilet because there's no universal parts, and by then that model won't be made anymore.

Save yourself the hassle and just stick to a good brand named single lever flush. New models use much less water, basically making the idea of the dual flush obsolete. Not to mention there are thousands of universal parts.

Thanks. Most of the Kohler toilets are rated 1.28 gpf. Averages same as the 1.0/1.6 dual flush.

Finally decided on the Kohler Elliston, elongated and tall. They had all the features I was after and were on sale. My son-in-law is installing after he tiles the bathrooms.

Latest posts

Back