Main water line hookup

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glindsay27

Reaction score
Hello All! This is Greg from Georgia. I am in the process of selling my home and my potential buyer has chosen FHA for financing (ugh). Currently on well water but FHA requires the buyer to hookup to county water ($1,400) and run pipe to the house (approximately 700-800 ft.) I will be getting estimates this week. Is there an average cost per running foot that i should expect? Would $6K be a starting point for digging, running pipe, and hooking up to house?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year,
Greg

Why would you need to pay if you just said that FHA requires the BUYER to hookup to county water? Do you need to sell your house asap? If not don't sell to this person if it going to require you to make unneeded changes to your water source

I'd just issue him a flat rate credit (deduction) for the cost of the piping if it is demanded. Otherwise, this is all a negotiation, and if they like the house, they will buy it regardless. Don't get suckered into something unless it is mandatory.

Thanks for the replies. I let my agent know today, I will not entertain any more offers from this buyer and move on to the next buyer.

Latest posts

Back