Low water pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tez45

Reaction score
My water pressure is low in my shower and in the kitchen sink. But the pressure is just fine in the basement n in the bathroom sink. I did the steps to checking my supply line n noticed there is a sound of water in the supply line after I told a local plumber this and he informed me that maybe the sound of just noise carrying thru out the house if my main was broken it would have taken out the entire house. He said I may just need to get my pipes inside checked. What could this be causing the low water pressure in my shower and kitchen? And my water has showed no differents. Also today I turned off the main for 5mins and turned it on rust shot out the bathroom faucet along with brown water.

What type of water piping do you have ? (copper,galvanize,pex)

Glavanzied. Should I do a blow out/flush out of the pipe? I know I gotta change it soon but the funds are low.

The galvanized pipe is most likely the culprit.

Trying to dislodge the buildup in the pipe almost certainly will cause you problems with individual fixtures getting clogged with sediment. So if you attempt to flush out the line, be prepared to clean out some valves and faucets for a while.

Back