Low Water Pressure- Single Handle Kitchen Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgrif69607

Reaction score
My faucet was dripping so I replaced the seats and springs. This stopped the dripping completely...but now the flow from this faucet is less than half what it was before I replaced the seats/springs. This happens with both hot and water flow.

I've removed/reseated the seats and springs a couple times and the pressure is still low. Any advice on the steps I should take to troubleshoot and fix this would be appreciated- thanks.

My faucet was dripping so I replaced the seats and springs. This stopped the dripping completely...but now the flow from this faucet is less than half what it was before I replaced the seats/springs. This happens with both hot and water flow.

I've removed/reseated the seats and springs a couple times and the pressure is still low. Any advice on the steps I should take to troubleshoot and fix this would be appreciated- thanks.
First step would be to remove the aerator and run both hot and cold water for 15 seconds or so. That would blow out any debris in the line.

Thanks for the reply. I did remove the aerator and let the water run with no improved results.

I have since noticed the handle seems to be "loose". I attempted to tighten the set screw and the allen wrench wouldn't tighten it- the bolt seems to be stripped. Would a loose set screw cause low water pressure? Appreciate your help.

Thanks for the reply. I did remove the aerator and let the water run with no improved results.

I have since noticed the handle seems to be "loose". I attempted to tighten the set screw and the allen wrench wouldn't tighten it- the bolt seems to be stripped. Would a loose set screw cause low water pressure? Appreciate your help.
The set screw itself would not cause the water pressure to drop. Did you remove the handle before the low pressure started? It's possible the handle is not installed correctly, so that when you lift it, you are only partially opening the faucet even thought the handle is all the way up. What brand of faucet? If Moen, I believe they have diagrams on their website on how to install the handle. If it feels loose, I would remove it and investigate.

Latest posts

Back