Low Water Pressure in Kitchen Only

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobsterboy

Reaction score
We have very low water pressure through both our hot and cold taps in our kitchen sink, as well as in our fridge water dispenser. I also assume the water pressure in the dishwasher is low, although I don't really know how to determine that. The pressures used to be normal but are at very low levels today, and have been for awhile. It is not the aerator and we have not noticed any water leaks. The main water valve is completely open and I have tried closing and opening it. I have also taken apart the kitchen faucet and it seems to be functional, although the faucet spout leaks a little around the column when a minimal amount of pressure is placed on it with my hand. Any advice or steps to troubleshoot would be great. I can provide any pictures or further details and would really like to get this resolved asap. Thanks in advance.

Go below the sink. Disconnect your supply line from the faucet, then place it into a bucket. If you have good pressure there, then you may need to clean out the inside of the faucet. Did you by chance do any plumbing work that could have sent junk and particles down stream into your kitchen?

Go below the sink. Disconnect your supply line from the faucet, then place it into a bucket. If you have good pressure there, then you may need to clean out the inside of the faucet. Did you by chance do any plumbing work that could have sent junk and particles down stream into your kitchen?

No plumbing work has been done to send anything down stream. There is good pressure from the disconnected supply lines. I took apart the faucet and it is clear. I took apart the handles and blew out water from them and they appear to be clear. I removed the hoses connecting the handles to the faucet under the sink and they are also clear. Everything is back together the way it was and the pressure is even lower now. I barely have a trickle of water coming out. It takes awhile to even come out and takes awhile to shut off after I turn either handle off. I have a feeling there is something wrong with the portion of the faucet that is below the counter. I even removed that and blew it all out and it seemed clear. What are my next steps? Buy a new faucet?

If you have good pressure up the supply lines, then you know your problem is within your faucet. With no pics to help us with what type of faucet you have, you have two options. Completely rebuild the faucet you have or be lazy (like me) and just get yourself a new, shiny faucet that will last you for another 20 years.

If you have good pressure up the supply lines, then you know your problem is within your faucet. With no pics to help us with what type of faucet you have, you have two options. Completely rebuild the faucet you have or be lazy (like me) and just get yourself a new, shiny faucet that will last you for another 20 years.

The faucet is a Belle Foret and I think the problem lies in the diverter stem in the second picture. Is it possible to replace this or a part of this? It looks like it comes apart further but I'm just not sure how.

20170704_124427.jpg

20170704_123759.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on my way to the hardware store to buy a shiny new faucet. I couldn't be bothered anymore. Thanks so much for your help @havasu.

Sorry, nice looking faucet. I wish I could have helped you more but my knowledge is limited on the internal workings of those faucets.

Latest posts

Back