Low water level in toilet bowl with macerating pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rduhig

Reaction score
Hello, all. I've recently moved into a new apartment and the toilet is fitted with a macerating pump. The water level in the toilet bowl is very low and I'm not sure how to go about raising it. It seems that the pump kicks in when the water level in the bowl is above a certain point. As the toilet is flushed and water from the tank fills the bowl, the pump activates to eject the waste water. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the macerating pump so that it will allow water in the bowl to accrue to a higher level before activating? The pump is a SaniBest Pro. I'm not very experienced in plumbing, please let me know if there are any relevant details I've failed to provide, and thank you in advance.

If the water level in the tank is where the manufacturer reccomends, and the line that replenishes the bowl runs while the tank fills, then no, you cannot raise the level in the bowl.

Mascerating toilets generally have less water in the bowl because there is no trap.

Back