low shower water pressure?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imig93

Reaction score
hello so when i turn my shower on the pressure will be normal for maybe 30 sexonds then become low…what can be the problem?

here it is

Attachments

• 39B83C96-3A05-4445-BFF3-32BD1F2C677C.jpeg
    39B83C96-3A05-4445-BFF3-32BD1F2C677C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
thank you for your reply i had a drip coming from the bathtub i replaced the cartridge and that stopped that… im not familiar with springs and seats?

Yes, that faucet has two rubber seats and two springs.

But replacing those will probably not correct your issue.

Replace the cartridge again and make sure you use an original Delta part.

Does this pressure drop happen when you run the tub spout ? Or only when you run the shower ?

Yes, that faucet has two rubber seats and two springs.

But replacing those will probably not correct your issue.

Replace the cartridge again and make sure you use an original Delta part.
but i literally just replaced the cartridge yesterday with an original delta piece

The low shower pressure can cause by the defective or stuck bathtub spout diverter. This is because your diverter failed to divert water effectively from the tub. To fix this problem, you need help from an expert plumber. Call an experienced plumber to replace or repair the spout diverter.
Does this pressure drop happen when you run the tub spout ? Or only when you run the shower ?
its the same for the tub and shower… i turn it on pressure is normal for 20 seconds then drops pretty low

but i literally just replaced the cartridge yesterday with an original delta piece

Is that when it started the pressure drop ? After the cartridge was installed ?

The new cartridge came out of a Delta package ?

Did you replace the seats and springs ?

Is that when it started the pressure drop ? After the cartridge was installed ?

The new cartridge came out of a Delta package ?

Did you replace the seats and springs ?
no the bathtub was dripping thats the reason i changed it from the beginning.. it fixed that… but it was doing the same thing before the replaced cartridge as well… starting normal pressure 20 seconds lated drops

You possibly have a piping restriction on the hot or cold.

If you have a thermal expansion tank it can be giving you 20 seconds of constant pressure before it exhausts its pressure.

If that’s the case, the expansion tank is fine....there’s a restriction in the piping. Are sure all valves are all the way on.

It’s a guess....

Turn the shower on and the lavatory at the same time.

see if the pressure drops at the lavatory like it does at the shower. Run them both at the same time.

You may have a valve partially turned off some place. Or some bad pipe......

A restriction of water flow of some type snd it could be anywhere.

You may have a valve partially turned off some place. Or some bad pipe......

A restriction of water flow of some type snd it could be anywhere.
al the valves are on.. how do i figure if theres a bad pipe and what would i do?

Back