Low Pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheesh1982

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently moved into a new apartment and I was in love with the strong pressure shower it had. However, we recently had someone come and inspect the fire safety sprinklers and adjust their pressure and since then the pressure i the shower has been weaker.

Does it make sense that this should have impacted the pressure in my apartment?

Additionally, I recently connected the washer and dryer to the water outlet which had been shut off, right at the junction where the washer and dryer are. Since then, the pressure in the shower got even weaker. As far as I understand it, this shouldn't have caused a difference in the pressure since when the washing machine isn't being used this is not different to the valve being closed off.

Any advise is highly welcomed.

Thank you
Sheesh

Take the shower head off and clean the debris out of the flow restrictor

Take the shower head off and clean the debris out of the flow restrictor

Hi and thank you for the tip. I was planning to do that but I think the drop in pressure is pretty much all around the apartment.

Even my neighbor complained about drop in her pressure so I was wondering if the fire sprinklers annual maintenance has any impact...

Back