Low pressure on faucet after leak fix

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossTehBoss

Reaction score
Hoping to get some answers or suggestions.

Amature at work:

Recently I had a pipe burst near a T joint. Had to replace and use couplers to connect the pipes again. The T joint was a 3/4 to 1/2 to 1/2. The 3/4 pipe ran into a cap and didnt run into anything so instead of replacing the T joint, i just used a 90 degree elbow to connect to a pipe that connects to the faucet. After letting dry I turned the water back on and now the pressure is roughly half of what it was before (for this faucet only). I have taken the 3/4 pipe completely out of the equation and now have only 1/2 pipes with couplers and elbows.

Did i mess up the pressure by taking out the 3/4 pipe that ran into a cap? The thing i find strange is that i was messing with only the hot water pipes. Both the hot water AND cold water now have low pressure.

Attached are two photos of old set up with the leak and one photo of the new set up.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

20161101_152049.jpg

20161101_152930.jpg

20161101_205431.jpg

did you over-glue by chance and partly plug the new pipe? it's hard to believe that would be the problem, but maybe. stir up crap in the pipes, which has now been pushed into the screen of the faucet, or plugging holes in the faucet valve body? just ideas. let us know if you find anything.

Back